Monday, August 20, 2012

Things We Are Learning and Not Learning

This week has been one of learning and then...not so much! Am discovering that our sweet little miss has a stubborn streak and can be very feisty too! Not what I expected two weeks ago. We have learned: 

  • Wait means don't go thru the door before you are allowed to do so. (M)
  • Standing by the back door means I WANT TO GO POTTY - NOW - or else (sometimes "or else" is winning) (M)
  • Levi's food really tastes good but Mom won't let me eat it. But I am eating almost all of my own food in one try.....she picks up my dish if I don't and then my tummy gets hungry before the next meal. (M)
  • Dandelions are so pretty....if you run after them, pounce and grab the white ones you then get to spend the next few minutes spitting out those white pieces. (M)
  • People come into my Mom's office to see me and are soooooooooo dissapointed when I'm not there. They talk to Mom to be nice but they really really want me. (M)
  • My "brother" Levi the Magnificent, gets to sleep on the bed with the humans. He even has stairs to get up onto the bed...is he spoiled? YES!! (M)
  • Going up steps in the back yard is fun...I'm getting better at going up...coming down still needs work. (M)
  • Dad mowed the lawn on Saturday. That's a good thing since the grass was getting long enough to tickle my parts when I hurry. (M)
  • There was a big toad on the back sidewalk last night. Mom wouldn't let me near it. (M)
  • I HATE my Gentle Leader....hate it, hate it, hate it. (M)
  • I have to learn to sit, stay, wait, down, off, hurry, eat your own breakfast, release, and so much more. Why can't I just play???? (M)
So that's what our week has been like...Michele is a sweetie but as I said, challenging. I'm so ready to go to bed every night. She is sleeping thru the night....wakes up around 6 or 6:15 and is raring to go. She's very good at the office...charms everyone. We have three doors to go thru at my office so she's getting good practice at waiting until she's allowed thru. Actually doing quite well on that. 

Loves watching TV....she will sit in front of the TV and watch...football seems to fascinate her - good thing since we watch a lot of it in the fall (and both our teams won their pre-season games this weekend).  

Looking forward to our first outing to Albuquerque on Sept 9th. Puppy class and a golf-tourney follow-up meeting. Everyone will get to meet the new girls for the first time. Wish the pups would still be little as they were when we got them, but no stopping the growing...they are definitely getting bigger. 2nd series of shots come this week. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to use the same vet or change to someone else. Tempted to go to Santa Fe to a guy that is highly recommended. We're still missing our fabulous vet in Seattle who took care of all our dogs. One more decision. 

Off now to see what her highness is up to. I hear no noise, no chewing, no whining so I guess she is watching TV with Gene. Good, gives me time to quilt. 





2 comments:

  1. Note from Michele to her mama via Summer's mama: "It's Her Highness, with capital Hs, please and thank you very much". (after all, it is Levi the Magnificent", isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, my apologies madam oop Madam. So glad someone is watching our for our Little Princess!!

    ReplyDelete