![]() |
| Paperweight |
I arrived on a big airplane with my cousin, Nadie, at the Denver airport last Friday. The people were very nice but a little slow getting us to Darine, who was in charge of picking us up. She was a very nice lady and even took us to her house to freshen up a bit. Then down the road to the CCI office in some other town and to our NM moms! It was good to get on solid ground after that airplane and a car ride. Our moms were waiting for us with another nice lady named Kim, who played with us too. Our moms were so happy to see us. I miss my California mom, Lisa, and the lady who I am named for - Michele, and of course, my real mom, Fifi. I hope some day to see them again and I hope they remember me. I miss all my CA family but this new one in a place called New Mexico is very nice too. But they don't have as much green grass and water as my CA family. But I digress. After some water and food and oohing and aahing and meeting two other CCI puppies, our moms put us back in the kennels...ugh...but they faced us forward in the car so we could see them. Nadie made a bunch of noise but I was very mellow and grown-up and was quiet. We slept most of the way. They did stop once to "hurry" (I think they had to hurry more than we did) and they had something called A&W root-beer floats. We got water. Humpph. Off we went and finally the car stopped, we got out and lots of people at Auntie Judy's house welcomed us. I couldn't stay very long though as my mom wanted to get home. So finally about 6:00 p.m. we got home. My NM dad, Gene, and my fur-brother, Levi, were there waiting....dad is cool. He and I are very tight! I love his bald head (easier to kiss) and he has nice safe arms to cuddle into. I love him very much. Now Levi is bigger than I am, furrier than I am, and barks...I was told he is a terrier, which means he barks a lot, I guess. But we are having fun....I can run and play with him and get under the coffee table too.....but he doesn't know that soon I will be bigger than he is and I will be able to swat him and be the one in charge. He went to something called the groomer on Monday and got all handsome...oh my....I'm in love!
So it's been a busy week. Monday I stayed home with Dad while Levi and mom went to town...Levi to Pretty Paws Spa and mom to the Presbyterian Church to work. Then Tuesday I got to go to work with mom. Everyone who came into her office was appropriately impressed with me....I am cute! Mostly I slept in my kennel while mom worked. She did take me outside to "hurry" almost every hour and I didn't disappoint her....and I never "hurried" in her office. On Wednesday I stayed home again with dad and Levi since Mom had a meeting at Charlie's (whatever that is) at 7:30 a.m. and I was told I couldn't go there until I grow up a bit. But today was a big day....I went back to work, wearing something awful called a Gentle Leader. It goes around my nose and head and is supposed to control me. Yuck....but I was a good girl and put up with it....."she" did take it off when I got in the car. I slept most of the morning but lots of people came to visit mom, including AUNTIE JUDY!! I love her. She took me outside to "hurry" and sat on the floor and cradled me...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....I hope she comes to visit again...and I want to see my cousin Nadie, who lives with Judy. After work Mom took me to the quilt shop to meet Ann....Ann was so glad to see me....she said hi to mom but mostly played with me, as it should be. There were 4 other ladies in the shop and they all petted me and told me how beautiful I am...then we went to War Dancer Gallery next door and met Gay. She too was happy to see me. Mom says I really can't go too many places yet till I get all my shots and learn some manners (I think that has to do with not "hurrying" in inappropriate places.) But she said once that happens, I can go to Charlie's for meetings and other stores and to church. Don't know what church is but it must be OK if Mom and Auntie Judy go there. Mom's boss is the pastor and he's really nice so I guess church will be fun.
![]() |
| First wearing of the cape |
So after coming home, I ate, hurried, ate, drank more water, hurried and got put into my kennel for my afternoon nap. It is very hot here so I am tired from that and work.
Oh yes, there is something called a CCI Cape....Mom put it on me the other day....what is this "size small" label...the thing is HUGE...I guess I'm supposed to grow into it. I put it on and played around with it...Mom didn't leave it for me to chew on so I guess it's meant to be used only on outings. I need to talk to those people about the correct size. My people chuckled when I had it on. Mom says it will show people that I am an assistance dog in training. So much to learn. I like my NM family....it's very hot here but they are managing to keep me comfortable with some cool air blowing thru some machine in the window. I don't know what all that is but as long as I'm the center of attention, it's all good. I'm eating well, drinking a lot, minding my manners (most of the time) and settling into this new life.Oops,, here comes Mom.....she's taking the mouse away and told me to get off the keyboard.....I'm going now...more later. love you all!! In case you want to see my new brother, Levi, here are a couple of great pictures of him:



Hi Linda, I'm enjoying your blog! My name is Joan. I live in California and I've been friends with Michele (the human) since we were both in high school together. I always heard that the spelling of "Michele" is unique because she was born in Barbados (her Dad was in the military) and that's the way the way Michele is spelled in Barbados. Michele lives out of state now but since I live near her brother and sister in law I got to visit with Michele the puppy along with Fifi and the rest of the litter before they went to their puppy raiser homes. I have come cute photos of the pups on Flickr and some video of Michele the puppy on YouTube. I inserted the links below. Thanks for sharing this experience on your blog. I look forward to reading more about Raising Michele.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/blackdogknits/7579225088/in/set-72157630997276070/
http://www.youtube.com/blackdogknits
Hi Michele, This is your second auntie twice removed (haha) from Albuquerque! Your cousin Reily and I loved your first pawst on your blog! If only Reily could see Levi in the pictures...I know she misses him so and now has only a snotty cat sister, Lily Boots. Poor sweet pup!! Be a good girl and grow strong little one. We hope to meet you someday soon. We look forward to following your sweet life in LV. Xoxo, Jobi
ReplyDeleteAnd no matter how cute your sweet puppiness is, Michele, Levi will always be first in our hearts. Look how handsome you are, Levi-the-Magnificent, all clean and tidy! For an hour or two. :-)
ReplyDeletexoxo Summer's mama