Sunday, August 5, 2012

I Need a Nap

Kim with Michele 
Nadie (l) Michele (r)
Well we did it! Drove all the way to Colorado Springs and picked up the girls. Their flight was on time but then it took Delta 1.5 hours to get them from the plane to cargo so that Darine could pick them up. So even though we made good time, good old Delta delayed things a bit. But they were safe and sound and clean when we got them. The CCI family is fabulous..not only did Darine pick them up, she took them to her house to clean the kennels and them and let them run around in the yard for awhile, etc etc. And she has a CCI pup of her own....older but still..... what a gift to have them delievered to the office. So once we spent some time there and got them settled, played with, fed, watered and socialized a bit off we went on the return journey. I forget how much traffic we do NOT have in Las Vegas. Sure glad I don't have to drive in that every day anymore. But I digress... we are so thankful to the CCI folks - Paul, Kim and Darine - for helping out with this unusual flight arrangement. I feel bad that everyone in our Albuquerque group did not get to welcome the puppies....but we'll be taking them down for a meeting on Sept 9th in ABQ. If we could only stop them from growing until them....newly arrived puppies are so special. 


The girls are darling (of course all the puppies are) and sweet. Found out that Nadie is a bit more "vocal" than Michele but overall it was fairly peaceful coming back. They settled down in their kennels nicely and we only had to make one stop along the way. More for Judy and me than them, I think. They "hurried" and Judy went into the A&W and got us rootbeer floats. So everyone was happy. 



Got home in time for Judy to still get to the Relay for Life opening walk which was one of our goals. I transferred Ms M to my car and off we went.....she was welcomed home by Gene and Levi and has settled in very nicely. We are working on "sit" and "release" already and she's doing good for an 8-week old who has the attention span of the proverbial gnat. Not too many accidents in the house....she had some diarheaa and they sent speical food along, which I stupidly left at the office in CO!! So I've just been feeding her the regular puppy food and she's doing fine. Giving her about 3/4 - 1 cup each feeding but she still hasn't finsihed the whole amount at one time. But she's getting better. Levi is happy with his new sister....they play a lot and she manages to keep him under control. Again, he has no idea how big she will get. He goes to the groomer tomorrow so will look much better afterwards. Right now he's just a scruffy Westie. 


Haven't gotten a lot of sleep the last two nights...first night she was awake at 12, 2, and then 6:30 a.m (I think).  Saturday night we did 3 a.m. and 7a.m. which was much better. HOping for a full nights' sleep tonight but not expecting that to happen. She has been playing a lot today and right now is sound asleep on the floor by the couch. If Gene is around, she is around him. Me....I'm OK but she LOVES Gene.  


So things are going along pretty good.There will be days of course but for now, other than lack of sleep, we're doing good. Had another inch of rain last night (thank you God!) so the lawn is really coming back nicely which means she has a nice place to play and "hurry".  



1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Ms. Michele! How lucky you are to have Linda, Gene and Levi as your new family. And Levi....we love you even when extra-hairy.

    xx Summer's mama

    ReplyDelete