Thursday, July 19, 2012

How Can You Give Them Up??

Cuties
So today someone posted the following on a CCI Yahoo site that we puppy raisers use....I thought it was great and tells everyone how we can give them up. Oh, it's not easy but we go into it knowing we have to return them to CCI.

"Last Sunday, our NW Region Puppy Program Manager hosted a puppy-raising workshop for the South and East Bay chapters. It was held at the Masonic Home for Seniors in Union City, CA. Residents of the home were invited to observe the workshop. I met one of the elderly residents who had raised 9 puppies for Guide Dogs for the Blind. She was so thrilled to see all the CCI pups! We talked about "The Question" that PR's are always asked, and I loved her answer":  
 Raising a puppy has a lot in common with raising your own child:  
1. When it arrives it is helpless. 
2. With your guidance, it grows up and develops good manners. 
3. When it is almost an adult, it goes away to college. 
4. After it graduates, it starts working.  
5. If you are lucky, it may live and work close to where you live, and you can visit it often. 

So now I am going to try to remember this and hopefully it'll make it a bit easier when turn-in time comes. 

Today I finally finished getting things ready for Michele. Food (Large Breed Puppy Food by Eukanuba), name-tag with her name spelled correctly, and a Martha Stewart dish for her food....don't normally buy Martha's stuff but it was on sale!!  Already have a turquoise colored Kong for her. I know, it looks blue but it's turquoise for New Mexico. Besides, dogs can't tell colors anyway.  Still working on the collar and leash - probably use Reily's first collar since they grow out of them quickly.  2 weeks from tomorrow and she'll be here - weather permitting. 


(and don't ask me why this stupid blog is putting a white background behind the answers...who knows!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment