July, August, September and part of October have passed and I've been very negligent about writing in Michele's blog. She reminded me of that today! Well, not exactly. But realizing that turn-in is four months from today got me back here. Her turn in date is February 14th, Valentine's Day! which is 4 months. I start getting sad just thinking about it. The sadness started when we got her 6-month notice a couple months ago. Trying not to dwell on it, but it's hard not to do so. We have gotten so darn attached to this beautiful girl...not sure how we'll give this one up.
She's been doing really great in her training and her socialization. She goes to Walgreen's with me and the pharmacist greeted her by name this morning. Sort of cool when the pharmacist knows the dog's name but I have to remind them of mine. She's got her favorites among the people that come to my office....loves our pastor and goes running to his office to see him before she goes into my office. She greets everyone nicely but some people are really her favorites. One of the older church members (about 88) comes in just to get his "canine fix" and she is calm and so polite with him. I need to get their picture one of these days. My office is across the hall from the entrance to the pre-school so she stands by the door and looks over towards that door really often. I have not taken her into the pre-school because one of the teachers is not fond of dogs but sometimes the kids come over and she's good with them too.
So summer was good...managed to keep Michele and Levi cool in the hottest days but she did not really like her pool. Went into it but never really understood that water is cooling. She went into heat the end of July and spent 3 weeks at the convent in Santa Fe. It was hard to send her there but she had a good time and made a good friend with the owner's elderly Doberman. I noticed a big difference in her demeanor when she came back. More docile and more willing to learn during her training sessions. Guess she grew up! She's still a funny, playful, loveable girl but getting more settled. I still don't like to think about whether or not she'll graduate...just praying that she does. But that's not in my hands. If she doesn't, I think we'll take her back. That's all for now...the princess is telling me it's time for supper. Actually, Levi tells us when it's time for supper and she goes along with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment