We had about 2 inches of snow earlier this week and of course, that made the Princess very happy. She loves snow and will run like Danica Patrick drives...., in fact, her nickname is Danica. Wish I had a video cam that could really film her sprints thru the snow. Our yard is so dry that the grass is nearly non-existent right now so running around on it isn't always fun...snow makes it all better. But she still manages to get in some of those Indy 500 moves!! Has discovered soccer balls and Frisbees can be really fun....not too good at bringing them back so we get exercise going to where she goes and picking them up and kicking or throwing them for her. And when she doesn't want to come inside, just pick up the Frisbee and she'll come running. But snow makes it much more fun.Her big brother, Levi, will be 12-years old on Monday, April 15th. I think I'll make them Frosty Paws for a treat. Levi was born on Easter Sunday in 2001 which happened to be "tax day" also that year. So the people that owned him before us wanted a Biblical name...they named him Levi for the tax collector in the Bible - not for Levi jeans. He's keeping up with the pup quite well for an old guy. I started giving him Missing Link with glucosamine and it really has made a difference in his energy and hips. And his coat is so gorgeous...of course, after running around in the dirt (aka lawn) with herself, he's not exactly a pristine white Westie. But they are good buddies and we're glad they get along.
Right now Ms M and Mr L are sound asleep here in my sewing studio. We've been outside a lot today and they got lots of exercise...plus I've been cleaning closets and under the guest room bed (yes, expecting guests in a couple weeks so must clean under the bed !!) and had a lot of "help" from the dogs. Here are two things to think about......what does a puppy do when Mom empties the shredder? And what does a puppy do when Mom is sweeping the shredder contents up of the floor because the puppy was "curious"....???? !!!!! Oh well, all that help has given them both a good reason to take a nap, like they need one, and me some down time while they nap! It's a good thing. Hmmm...maybe I should take a nap too. Gene is in Dallas this weekend for a Pope and Young convention meeting up with a bunch of his old bow hunting buddies from Minnesota so we three are home alone.....yup, naps for all!! Oh yeah, no sign of her heading to the convent yet....we think it'll be soon but you never know.



Beautiful puppy Linda! Maybe you'll get to keep her? We've been having beautiful spring weather here on the coast - no snow! I'm going to get some Missing Link for Wallace - he's 10 now and I think he could use some joint support. Have a great spring/summer!
ReplyDeleteSusan F.