Sunday, December 9, 2012

6th Month Birthday

Dear Fans - my mom has been very lax in writing about me...I don't know how that happens since I'm so interesting and have done so much to write about....she says she's going to write and then I find her making bread or working on some quilt project or other stuff when she really should be paying attention to me me me!!  Hey, I'm 6 months old today....seems like just yesterday they put me on an airplane and sent me off to the mountains to live.....it's been fun though and I LOVE MY HUMAN DAD!!!  He's the best...oh, mom is nice but dad is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He's been gone to Washington DC for a few days so I've had to follow the rules with Mom again. But I heard he's coming home tomorrow and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. I will get to show him how much I love the white stuff that is covering the ground tonight.  It's called snow.....and because it is covering the ground I get to run and run and run in the back yard without those awful stickers getting into my paws. But it's cold so tonight I am going to curl up in my bed and watch Mom watch the football game.

I have learned a lot in the 4 months I've lived here. I go to work with Mom and everyone loves me. I've been to Walgreens and the post office and to church. I've grown out of my small Gentle Leader and CCI cape and am in the big-girl sizes now. I've had all my shots and have a new neon-green collar. Mom says that's because I was the neon-green puppy (I think that was second in my litter) and she wanted to keep the color. My Westie-brother, Levi, got my first green collar. He always has worn red collars since he looks so cool in red, but Mom likes these Kong collars so now he has my first one. I like Levi - he's really the alpha dog around here but he's an old guy - almost 12 - so I can run circles around him. We play a lot but he gets away from me by jumping on the couch.

I am still being trained all the time and it's so hard to remember all those commands - come, sit, stay, wait, release, down....sheesh, one of these days I think they will all just leak out of my brain and I'll forget them. How do they think I can ever remember all of that.

So, something called Christmas is coming and Mom's busy wrapping presents and I try to help. I did help her the other day by unraveling a spool of embroidery thread and chewing up some of the wool pieces she was embroidering....I thought I was helping...she was not amused!!  So now things seem to be protected a little more. I keep retrieving her walking shoes and she doesn't like that either! Oh, oh, one of my favorite things is to wash the dishes in the dishwasher.....when the door is open I just head over there and lick up the stuff on the dishes.....they don't appreciate my help with that either! What's a girl to do!!!  There is a really cool ice maker for Levi and me, though. Mom pushes a button on the refrigerator and out come ice cubes.... we love that and even if she tries to be quiet doing that, we can hear it.....wakes me up from my nap and I run over to help. There are lots of cool things to check out in this house.

So I'm going to go and snuggle up in my bed now...Mom is heading over here and I think she wants her computer! I promise to keep in touch more often......will report on the tree I hear is going to be put inside the house ....with lights and decorations.....now that will be fun. What? You're what? Mom............... why are you putting the tree outside on the deck? Bah humbug!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment