Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I Need a Nap

I need a nap....either that or I'm too old for this puppy raising stuff. I keep telling myself she will grow up, she will lose those razor-sharp teeth, she will grow up....etc etc.  She is growing taller all the time and so we forget that she's only a puppy.......she knows sit really well, wait/stay is harder, shake is good, and down. Hurry is fabulous!! She's coming along nicely with the commands.

Last night we were watching the Broncos and Falcons game and all of a sudden could not find Michele anywhere in the living roon or bedrooms or studio or....... could not figure out where she had gone...then one of us looked back at the tv and discovered her sound asleep on top of one of the stuffies and surrounded by most of the others....she blended in so well we missed her....just another stuffie! We did laugh at ourselves.  

She's been going to work with me and charming everyone who comes in. She's really outgrown the kennel I have in my office but still goes into it to nap.  And she comes when I get her Gentle Leader and stands till for the cape....so different from Reily who always had to be coaxed into them. She's outgrown the small GL so tonight I got the medium one out and fit it to her. She thought we were going somewhere and stood still and waited. This dog is much smarter than I/We are. We've also started adding Missing Link to her food and you'd think it was cocaine! She runs to the refrigerator when I open the door to get the bag out and then bounces around the kitchen waiting for her food. She is a GOOD eater..so other than a few potty accidents in the house, she's doing good on hurrying outside...tells us when she has to go...most of the time. She's still driving poor old Levi nuts....loves to clean his ears and then his eyes. I think he's always glad when she goes to sleep at night. Oh yeah, she sleeps until 6:30 or so...and then lets us know she is awake!  We do have a bit of a barking problem with her in the kennel....working on it but very frustrating. 

Judy and I took Nadie and Michele to Albuquerque two weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon for a CCI get-together. The girls played in the back seat all the way to ABQ - but slept all the way home. There were 9-10 dogs there....ours are the youngest. so we had puppies-in-training and 4 graduate dogs plus Laurie, who is a COC and Hilani, who was a breeder and is now retired after 5 litters, I think. Two of the pups, Verbena and Vienna, are daughters of Hilani. ...I think, if there was a prize, Michele would have won for the "barkiest" dog there. It was fun to see everyone and all the dogs. And especially the graduates....they are awesome. Here's a picture of the group - no, don't ask why I was holding Michele and everyone else was sitting on the grass. Let's just say we'd still be there if we waited for them all to sit...how's that for an excuse? 

 So that's about it.....we're thru the third round of puppy shots now and I'm back at the vet here in town. I liked the guy in Santa Fe but when I called them to ask for a Heartgard prescription, they told me it would cost me $25 for them to write it and fax it to PetMeds! No way....so we're back to the old vet and it went very well and they faxed the prescription (actually got it from Foster and Smith - cheaper) and all is well. Except I need some sleep...that's why I haven't updated this blog recently. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Us two sisters here together in Longview enjoying your post. Looks like you have your hands full with a joyful doggie. Hugs to Levi the Magnificent and doggie kisses to Michele. People hugs to you and Gene. Summer's Momma and Margie's Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it "we" two. Not "us" ???? :)

    ReplyDelete